Thursday, August 12, 2010

Interview with Nela Antonovic (Theater Mimart Belgrade)


How is it to work in Srebrenica?
Working in a new town is always very special for me. I’m transferring my knowledge to youth in a new situation. This is always a challenge. I start with asking the group what they want from me.  Every group is different. I give them what I know.

Can you tell something about the play?
We are not following the script of Beauty and the Beast, but we are working with different phenomenons that are connected to the play. For example we worked around the number 4. There are four sisters in the play. We transferred this to the situation where four persons are walking very slowly with bread on their head. The bread is symbol of the poorness of the family from the Beauty.

How is the group spirit?
I see a team that feels very free. They work as a team but still everybody has his own freedom. I also liked the way they talk to each other. The discussions are very good. They ask good questions.

The group learned a lot about discipline. I really see a difference in concentration and discipline. The first days there was a lot of talking and laughing. But after two days working with me they are used to my way of working and they became very disciplined.
When we work we work hard and in the breaks there is time to relax.

Which special memory will you take home?
The group is very open. They are open to learn new things. Remember the exercise with seeing the different colours. With other groups this takes mostly 3 days till they understand what I mean. This group understood it already after 3 hours of working. 

No comments:

Post a Comment